Friday, January 13, 2012

New Episode of Viga Tales-Second Season

The Minimalist
This episode was written by The Diva Journals.

I’ve been wandering down the side of the mountain four times a week now instead of one. Trying to get a glimpse of and listen to just about everything I can hear about this thing that’s taking over; this huge, huge darkness that just won’t go away.
Just like their process of bringing in this new world order didn’t just begin, my planning process didn’t just begin. Their process albeit inconspicuous to most, was well thought out, like a strategic chess move. It’s been happening for a very long time now; we didn’t pay attention to the signs. Man I am so thankful to Vig for being our modern day Moses. Instead of us going the opposite way that the planners came, we tried to get ahead of them, with no idea where the hell we were going. Causing mad panic. Everybody is unnerved. I’ve learned through this process that fear can easily do one or two things; it can cause unity where everybody is scared so everybody stands together, or it can force people to lose control, go to pieces and obliteration erodes at everybody like waste with rodents.

For several years I’ve been practicing minimalism; extreme sparseness and simplicity, keeping everything about me and around me to a minimum. Taught it to my family, my grandchildren got it down to a science. I got rid of any and all accounts bearing my name fifteen years ago. I’m down to a drivers license, and that’s used mostly for identification. I own a car, but walk everywhere I need to go. I stashed a car away on a little piece of land, in an old abandoned shed at the foothills of the mountains. As far as this thing knows, I’m a friendly unknowing resident of stupidville like my surrounding neighbors. My family and I have a small piece of land that that has five small manufactured modular homes, 500 square feet each; deep in North Georgia Mountains, the Northeast corner of Georgia. I swooped in and grabbed this little piece of nothing when the housing market plummeted twenty years ago; nobody even noticed. I got 3.68 acres for a mere $1,000.00. My family and I call these dense woods home. The fact that is these woods are so thick that it is extremely difficult or impossible to see through, gives my family and me a better advantage against the ones who wish to enslave us with their order.

My family didn’t understand at first. My children went easier than my parents and siblings. Now we are all relying on the old taught rural ways of good ol Washington, GA; you eat what you kill or grow. You make your own soap, even your own broom. You make your water hot by heating it yourself the old fashioned way, with matches! No natural gas. No electricity. Lanterns. Kerosene. The little ones have been taught how to douse at an early age, in case we have to send everything up in smoke at an instance notice. The approaching oppressors took away the right to plant your own food years ago, good thing we stored up seeds and learned how to cultivate over the years. Hell we learned to be like ants; formed our colonies and worked within it, each using our own special talents, so that all of us could have shelter, food, water, and stay off the grids!

Even with what we’ve given up, it looks like we’re going to have to give up more. I can’t hear anything in town except “oh my God” (now this is funny, cause I thought that their businesses and their old money was their god) “what are we going to do?” I can’t tell what’s happening because of the panic. Gotta hear something, anything that can help us stay ahead. Wait, what did she just say? They’re closing in? Who? T.B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment