Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Episodes of Viga-Tales-Second Season

By Shawn Hawes

BOOM!!!! The force from the explosion sends me flying. Hm, that was bigger than I anticipated. Oh, well. I send my hands out to catch my fall. It’s a bit bumpy but I manage to keep control of my fall the way I was taught. I lie there for a minute to catch my breath. It won’t be long before they realize I wasn’t in the house. I stand up; looking around to get my bearings. I head towards Kendrick Middle. I have a car parked in an abandoned house in the subdivision across the street from the school. It’s as unassuming as you can get, a 1995 Honda Accord, black. It will blend in nicely. I walk across the school’s parking lot. No one is paying me any attention. I’m dressed in khakis and a yellow polo shirt, the school’s uniform. My hair is pulled back with a yellow headband. I have my bag on both shoulders, just one of the kids. I stand with the other kids who have spilled out of the school because of the explosion I caused. I slowly move through the crowd until I am behind everyone. No one looks back. No one questions me.



I turn and walk towards the subdivision. I look both ways before I cross the street. Police cars and emergency vehicles race towards the fire. No one pays attention to the little girl trying to get home. I get to the car. I take off my bag and toss it into the passenger seat. I get in and reach under the seat for the bag stashed underneath. In it is my satellite phone, fake I.D’s and passports, credit cards (in the fake names, of course), cash and a .45 with extra ammunition. Hey, I was a girl scout, always be prepared! I turn on the phone and scroll through the contacts. I need to call Vigalantee. Vigalantee, Roger Suggs. We grew up in the same small town, Washington, Georgia. The funny thing is I don’t think that we really ever talked or hung out together, but a few years ago we became friends on Facebook. I liked his posts and how proactive he was about getting the black community to come together as a unit. His intelligence, vivacity and overall determination to get the message out into the world, fascinated me. So, I read everything he wrote, listened to his music, visited his blog, and followed his links. And, from there I began my own research and investigations, but mainly with prophecies from the bible in the book of Daniel. Interesting and scary stuff. I needed to tell Vigalantee the things I had discovered. I could never seem to find the time before, thinking I had a little more time. Now, look at what’s happened.



I find the number and push send. The phone rings once and goes to voicemail. I leave a message telling him I will call him back in an hour. Hopefully he will answer. I crank up the car and pull out of the driveway. I had parked the car facing the road. I hadn’t wanted anyone subconsciously remembering license plate numbers. My goal is to get on I-85N. No one is looking for me yet. I think I can make it. I turn on the radio and all the chatter is about the bill and the civil unrest that has broken out all over the nation. People are rioting and staging protests. President Obama has been moved to Camp David and is supposed to give a national address later this evening. I wonder what he will say. How will he explain his reasoning for signing this bill? Was this why he was re-elected? I don’t want to think negative thoughts about my president. There has to be some type of explanation.



I turn onto Tara Boulevard. Everything is looking good. As I drive on, I pass my church, Restoration of Life. I’m going to miss it. Apostle Kelley and his wife are truly of God. They also warned us of these impending times. They kept telling us that it was past time for us to do Kingdom work. He preached a series on the coming Kingdom a few weeks ago, telling us that we needed to be prepared for what was to come. He said we need to be like the five bridesmaid who had their oil instead of the five who waited until the last minute to get theirs. I hope people paid attention.


I’m almost to the exit for I-75N. Traffic is slowing down. What’s happening? I crane my neck to try to look ahead, police cars. They are blocking the exit and are only letting one car pass at a time onto the interstate. Are they looking for me? I look around. There is no way I can move out of this line. I’m trapped! Think, think! Ok, I can’t just get out and make a run for it, which is what I really want to do, that will only draw attention to me. I have to stay in the car and keep moving forward. I look in the mirror at myself. I snatch the head band off my head and shake my hair out. I open the dash and take out some lip gloss that I tossed in at the last minute (you never know, right?) I put it on and check myself in the mirror again. That’s a little better; I don’t look like a kid anymore. I’m getting closer to the check point. I think about the gun, should I have it out, just in case? No. I need to pray. I start praying to the Lord out loud as I move forward again in the line, only five cars ahead of me now. “Lord, protect me; cover me in the blood of the Lamb.” I pray this over and over as I move closer and closer to the check point. Finally, it’s my turn. I say one last thing to my Lord. “Your will be done. I accept your will, Lord.” I press the button to roll down my window as the officer approaches the car…..to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment