Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Episodes of Viga-Tales-Second Season

Second Season
This Episode was written by Shawn Hawes.
There’s nothing but chaos all around. Everyone is in an uproar. The bill has been signed. The average person had no idea this bill even existed. Martial law has been declared and they are going after Christians. Those who paid attention, those who listened, they knew of its existence almost from the beginning. They tried to tell the masses, but they were discounted as religious zealots or as paranoid conspiracy theorists or both. I paid attention. I read all the books, I followed all the links posted by the supposed “whack jobs”. But, mainly, I looked to the Word. The signs were all there, the unusual weather, the wars that are breaking out all over the world, the breakdown of the family structure… I shake my head. It was all there for everyone to see, if they were looking. I push back from the computer, my last post for Facebook, my last attempt at getting people to pay attention.

I walk into the kitchen and go to the cabinet. I take out the aluminum foil and begin to unravel the roll. As I do, I go over my plans. I had already convinced my mom that bad things were about to happen. We both did a lot of studying and praying during our time of preparation. We went into a lot of debt, but what does it matter now, right? I smirk as I begin to manipulate the foil into a huge silver ball. We bought some land in a remote area in the Ozark Mountains under an assumed name. I then contacted one of my “special” friends, who goes by the name Spock, to build one for us. He had built one for himself and had given me a tour. I was impressed. We would be totally under the radar, undetectable. It was a technological marvel. We would have access to the internet and even had satellite cell phones that would be untraceable. It also was as homey as a bunker underground could get. I didn’t want the kids to more overwhelmed than they had to be, so, I tried to keep things as normal as possible.
 
I had had a quickening in my spirit about two weeks ago telling me that I needed to move my family to the safe house. When I called my mom to tell her to get ready she said that they were all ready to go, she’d had the same sense of urgency. So, I drove my mother, sister, brother and all the kids up to the mountains. I didn’t tell her that I couldn’t stay until the last moment. I didn’t want to argue more than I had to. In the end, she understood, God had a plan and I had to follow it.

I sigh and toss the foil into the microwave. I grab my bag that is waiting on the floor. They would be looking for me. I had been up to a lot over the past two weeks. I punch in the numbers on the microwave; three minutes ought to do it. As I walk by the stove, I turn the knob to turn on the gas. I don’t look back as I exit the back of the house and head for the trees behind my house. I knew that after posting that status on Facebook they would be showing up really soon. I need to find Roger, A.K.A. Vigilante. I have to get to Kentucky. We need to...I hear the sirens now, they're close. I begin to run. Those three minutes should be up soon….to be continued.

1 comment: